Your bid indicates you intend to purchase that item WHETHER OR NOT YOU MEET THE RESERVE PRICE and be the high bidder at the close of the Auction. We STRONGLY URGE you to visit or contact the participating businesses to view or find out more about items you intend to purchase. All Auction sales are final.
1. By participating, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and accept these rules. The Producer Auction reserves the right to change these rules. If the rules or item descriptions and prices in the auction guide are different from those published on the auction website, the latest rules found on the auction website will apply.
2. The Western Producer is only involved in collecting the total purchase price for items. It is not involved in buying, selling, exchanging or dealing of items in the auction, nor is it soliciting orders on behalf of the sellers. The Producer Auction charges no listing fee to sellers, nor a fee to buyers.
3. The Producer Auction makes no representations or warranties and there are no conditions of any kind, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the goods and services offered through Producer Auction, including without limitation:
– implied warranties of merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement
– any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage of trade;
– any obligation, liability, right, claims or remedy in tort, whether or not arising from the negligence of the Producer Auction .
4. All items in the Auction are new, and come with applicable warranties determined by the seller. The Producer Auction is not the seller of the items and assumes no responsibility for the items in any respect. The respective sellers of each item are solely responsible for descriptions in Producer Auction and the condition, estimates, authenticity, title, representations as to the retail price including GST, and all other matters relating to the offer and sale of the items.
5. All items in the Auction may be viewed at the seller’s place of business as indicated in the auction feature pages and on the auction website. Bidders are STRONGLY URGED to view items on which they intend to bid. All items are sold on an “as is” basis, which assumes that the buyer knows what he/she is purchasing. All auction sales are final.
6. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or over except employees of sellers who have submitted items to the Auction and their immediate families. Such employees of the participating businesses may bid, but not on items that are provided by their respective companies.
7. Neither The Producer Auction nor any of its employees or agents is responsible for any claims relating to the use of any goods, the provision of any of the services, or as a result of your participation in The Producer Auction.
8. You are prohibited from using any method, mechanism, device or software to affect the proper functioning of Producer Auction and its website. The Producer Auction may, at its sole discretion and without notice, terminate the right of any participant in Producer Auction or user of the website to participate in Producer Auction or use the website.
9. All content on this website is the property of The Producer Auction or the sellers. The Producer Auction grants a limited license to each user of the website to make personal use only of the website itself. Any other use, including reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, or display of the content on the website is strictly prohibited. The Producer Auction is not responsible for the availability or content of any other website to which the auction website is linked.
10. The Producer Auction is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Saskatchewan. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding participation in Producer Auction and use of the website.
11. Producer Auction commences on Thursday March 17th, 2022 at 9:00 am CST and ends on Monday, March 28th, 2022 at 9:00 pm CST. Starting and ending time is determined by the website clock. Bids will be accepted during this time period only. Users of the website clock must refresh the web page by clicking the browsers “refresh button” to obtain an accurate time and are STRONGLY URGED to do so prior to checking or placing a bid, especially in the last hours of the auction. The Producer Auction reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to extend, terminate or modify Producer Auction in the event of unforeseen technical difficulties that alter the proper functioning of Producer Auction.
12. Bids may be placed online 24 hours per day at the Producer Auction website, www.producerauction.com between Thursday, March 17th, 2022 at 9:00 am CST and Monday, March 28th, 2022 at 9:00 pm CST. All bidders must register to be an active bidder in the event. No telephone bids accepted for this auction event. Please see the auction feature pages located in the Western Producer for further item details.
13. The Bidder Trust Committee will set a starting bid for each item. The starting bid is the minimum amount required to participate in the bidding for that item. All bid amounts must be in whole dollars (i.e. no cents) and must meet or exceed the set minimum bid increment posted for each auction item.
14. Each item has a hidden reserve value. The reserve values are usually between 60 per cent and 70 per cent of the ordinary selling price of the item. Reserves may vary depending on the item.
15. Producer Auction operates under an auto-bid system. This allows the users to define their maximum bid which will display as the latest bid placed on that item. Choose your best bid carefully, as you will be legally bound to pay up to that price (plus any applicable taxes) if it is the final highest bid. Bid increments may vary based on the item.
16. It is your responsibility to monitor the outcome and status of your bids on the Producer Auction website and, in the event that you are outbid by another bidder with a higher bid, determine whether to continue bidding on an item. If you are outbid by another bidder with a higher bid, you must submit a new bid in order to continue your bidding on that item. If you submit a new bid, that bid supersedes all your previous bids on that item. The amount of the new bid must be at least one bid increment more than the current leading bid on the item. Under no circumstances will retraction of a bid be allowed. If in a case you submit a bid against yourself, both bids will be considered valid irrespective of the fact that you submitted both bids. Please note that when placing a new bid, even when it is against yourself, the amount of the new bid must be at least one bid increment more than the current leading bid on the item.
17. If your bid is exactly the same as another bidder’s previously placed bid on the same item, the bidder whose bid was placed first shall be declared the leading bidder.
18. In the event of a dispute between bidders or between bidders and the Bidder Trust Committee, or in the event of doubt or dispute as to the validity of any bid, the Bidder Trust Committee will have the discretion to determine the successful bidder. All decisions by the Bidder Trust Committee are final and binding and not subject to review or appeal.
19. The Western Producer and Producer Auction is/are not responsible for any bids that are lost, misdirected, incomplete or illegible, or for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, which may limit a bidder’s ability to participate in Producer Auction. Proof of sending will not be proof of receipt by Producer Auction. The Producer Auction is not responsible for any online, long distance telephone, or other charges you may incur in connection with participating in Producer Auction.
20. During and after Producer Auction, you may receive emails; notifying you that another bidder has outbid you, or notifying you that you are a Winning Bidder. These emails are for informational purposes only. Their transmission or omission does not constitute any change in the status of your bid or those of other bidders. Only the record of bids in The Producer Auction system, as represented on The Producer Auction website, constitutes the true bid record, as used by the Bidder Trust Committee to determine the winning bidder at the close of Producer Auction.
21. At the close of Producer Auction, the winning bidder (the buyer) for each item will be contacted by email and/or phone within five business days to notify him/her of his/her winning status and request payment for unpaid winning items. As the buyer, you may not retract your bid and are obligated to make full payment of the total purchase price within three days of notification. If a buyer cannot be contacted, or if payment is not received in full within three days of contact first being initiated, the Bidder Trust Committee reserves the right but is not obligated to disqualify that buyer and offer the next highest bidder the opportunity to purchase the item. If such offer is accepted you will be obligated to make full payment of the total purchase price within two days of acceptance. The Bidder Trust Committee reserves the right to continue the process of disqualification and notification of subsequent bidders, or to remove the item from sale.
22. The Bidder Trust Committee may contact the next bidder following the auction on any unsold items, thereby causing the leading bid that previously had not met reserve to now become a winning bid at the reserve amount bid. By agreeing to participate in this auction, you have agreed that each and every bid placed is a legally binding offer to purchase the item at the price bid, whether the bid has met reserve at the time of your bid or not. If agreed upon, the Bidder Trust Committee will arrange payment for the item at the price bid amount.
23. Complete payment and Proof of Winning Bid instructions will be sent out via email to the Winning Bidder following Producer Auction. Winning Bid fulfillment methods may also be available depending on the item purchased. You may make payment through the Western Producer Office located at 1000 – 3530 Millar Avenue, Saskatoon, SK S7P 0B6. Office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST. You MAY be asked to provide Government Issued Photo Identification when making your payment.
24. The total purchase price of an item for each winning buyer is defined as the leading bid for the item at the close of Producer Auction. In the event that a buyer is disqualified and the item offered to the next highest bidder, the total purchase price shall be the next highest Bid, plus any applicable transaction taxes required by law to be collected and remitted.
25. The buyer shall pay the total purchase price to The Western Producer, except in the case of Automobiles, Real Estate and other high priced items, which may require a non-refundable deposit of 1 per cent to 5 per cent of the winning bid price in order to guarantee your commitment while further financing is being arranged.
26. It is the seller’s and the buyer’s responsibility to obtain any applicable or necessary licenses, registrations, or any other form of approval for the items sold and to pay any fees associated therewith.
27. Choose your maximum bid carefully, as you will be legally bound to pay up to that price (plus any applicable taxes) if it is the final highest bid. Once full payment of the total purchase price has been made on the item, the buyer will receive a Winning Bid notification to be presented to and collected by the seller to release the item to the buyer. All item delivery or pick-up arrangements must be made with the respective seller. Delivery may incur additional charges above and beyond the total purchase price, to be negotiated separately between the buyer and seller. All sales are final.
28. If the buyer fails to comply with these rule -including the obligation to make full payment of the total purchase price within the time limits and terms set out herein, in addition to other remedies available to the Producer Auction and the seller-the Producer Auction or the seller may cancel the sale and re-offer the item or sell it privately. Buyers will remain liable for any damages or losses caused by their default.
29. The Producer Auction will charge all required taxes where applicable to winning bidders and remit these collections to their respective government agencies, except in the cases of items such as Motorized Vehicles, Automobiles or Real Estate where the sponsor will collect applicable taxes. If you are the buyer on a vacation, you are responsible for all expenses not specifically included such as airport taxes, ground transportation etc. and must have all documentation necessary for travel. Please note that in some states or municipalities, homes or vehicles carry special tax legislation that requires that tax be paid on Fair Market Value.
30. As stated in these rules, all sales are final. However, in the event that an item you won and paid for was not fairly represented in the Western Producer auction feature pages, or on the Producer Auction website, a refund may be considered. To be considered for a refund, the buyer must submit a request within forty-eight (48) hours of completing payment and receiving winning bid notification. Please see the Contact Us page for contact information to which buyers must submit their request. We will notify the buyer via e-mail of the status of the refund application once we have received, reviewed and processed the request. If the refund application is successful the buyer can expect a refund in the same form of payment as originally used to make payment, within 7 to 14 business days of our receiving and approving the request. Please note that refunds are not guaranteed, they will only be granted in cases of unfair representation of an item as determined by the Bidder Trust Committee.